Visa and Entry Requirements  for Spain

Whether you’re planning a short stay in Spain or will be in the country for an extended period studying, it is essential that you understand the various Visa and entry requirements needed to access legal entry into the country. This information is designed to help you understand the process of obtaining a Visa, if it is needed, and additional information important to your departure to the country.

If you are coming to Spain from another country in Europe, a passport or Visa will never be required for entry into the country. If you are coming from a non-European country and plan to stay for a period of three months or longer a passport is required to obtain. The passport must be valid for a period of 90 days after the length of the planned stay in Spain. Students coming from the United States do not need a Visa for a stay of less than 90 days.

Applying for Passport/Visa

Apply for a passport and Visa, when needed, as soon as possible. It can take several weeks to process the application, and you do not want to be ready to go yet still waiting on this information to arrive.

To apply you will need to complete paperwork with the Spanish Embassy or with the Consulate in your country. You are required to have a few pieces of information available when you are applying for a Visa into Spain. Those things are:

Proof of attendance at a university in Spain
Obtain a passport, if you do not already have one, and ensure that it is updated
Completed application
Photo ID/Driver’s License
Birth Certificate

Do keep in mind there are fees associated with obtaining a passport as well as A Visa. These fees must be paid at the same time of submitting the application. Costs will vary. You also need to make sure that your passport contains a number of blank pages; it is recommended that at least two to three pages be available.

Only those who are attending college on a full-time basis will be able to keep their visa.

For those who live in the Schengen area, the below mentioned documents are required for Spain visa applications:

Completed visa application form
Two passport photographs
National passport and one copy of the passport
Original resident visa
Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage and one copy of that
Proof of group travel or hotel booking in Spain or airline reservation for Spain and one copy of that
Closed round-trip or tour ticket
Current bank statement and one copy
A reference letter from your employer or education institution
Document certifying the existence of commercial, industrial, or other
Visa fees for Spanish Visa.

From the date the application is submitted it takes a maximum of 15 days for visa application process, however, the period can extend to 30 days for specific cases. The visa fee is 60 Euros, and is payable to consulate of Spain. This fee is non-refundable, even if the person didn’t fill the visa application properly. There is separate visa for students as well. This is required for those who are US citizens. The U.S. citizens application must notarized by an authorized person and submitted in person.

Documents required for Student Visa are:
1.2 Schengen Application forms dully filled out and signed.
2.The passport must be valid for the intended period of your stay in Spain with at least one blank page to affix the visa.
3.Also provide either of the following: 1.US drivers license
2.US State ID card
3.Current student ID

4.Two recent photos passport size with a white background. Staple one photo on each of the application forms.
5.Letter of acceptance as a full time student from Spain’s University/School or US program indicating the name, address and registration number of the school with Spain’s Department of Education; full payment of all of the costs of tuition, duration of the program, subjects of the study and hours of study per week, which must be no less than 20.
6.Health Insurance (only the original form will be accepted): International insurance coverage for health/accident with a minimum coverage equal to 30,000 EUR during the planning period of stay in Spain (or its equivalency in dollars). This is in lieu of the EHC.
7.Proof of financial means during your stay: You should provide one of the following: 1.Letter from the University or School in Spain or in the USA assuming full financial responsibility during your stay
2.Proof of financial aid or scholarship for at least $1,000 per month for room and board
3.Notarized letter from your parents or legal guardians assuming full financial responsibility for at least $1,000 per month for room and board.
4.Personal bank account statements showing at least $1,000 per month of stay.

Do keep in mind that other items may be required, and it is always a good idea to check with the Embassy before your planned departure to ensure that you have met all of the requirements to travel abroad into the country of Spain.

With this information you can ensure that you have properly met all of the Visa and entry requirements in Spain and will be able to freely go into the country to attain your education.
Address: 12 Kemal Ataturk Ave, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Tour Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Leave a Review